How it works
Our 5-Project Biblical Counseling Blueprint Model™ helps churches:
1) Grow a church’s understanding of biblical soul care.
2) Equip leaders and church members to provide biblical soul care.
3) Strengthen their team for the purpose of providing biblical soul care.
“Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love.”
Ephesians 4:15-16 (ESV)
THE BCM Blueprint
Engineering Land Survey
- This first project is an opportunity for both the church and BCM to explore together if there is a strong fit with mutual motives to partner together in ministry. This includes intentional meetings with the Senior Pastor and Elders.
- This project begins a formal consulting relationship between the church and BCM where, through questionnaires, interviews, and reviews, we uncover how care/counseling is currently being done. A full Consulting Report is delivered including our findings and recommendations to accomplish goals.
General Contractor to Build
- This project involves laying the foundation at the Church and involving Pastors and Elders in communicating and teaching critical aspects of biblical care/counseling at the church. This happens through various natural platforms already in the church community, such as Sunday School, Small Groups, etc.
Detailed Staging of Building
- Once the foundation has been laid, BCM will begin to work with the Pastor to function together in the role of Director of Biblical Counseling at the Church. This season is intended to last until God raises someone up to be trained to be the Director at the Church. The BCM Apprenticeship Program is a significant part of this step to train up confident and competent Certified Counselors.
- Once the Director is ready, BCM moves into a role of on-going support for the Director and church as needed. The partnership continues, but mostly involves BCM being a support, as well as continuing to collaborate among the BCM Church Network.
Contact us to get the Process started »
We are passionate about helping churches become a church of biblical counselors rather than just a church with a biblical counseling ministry. If you desire to bring soul care back to your local church, we’d love to meet you.